The operators of this website take protection of your personal data very seriously. We treat your personal data highly confidential and in accordance with applicable laws as well as the data protection policies set forth on this site.
The use of our website is generally possible without input of personal data. To the extent our websites collect personal data (e.g. name, address or email), this is done on a voluntary basis.
We hereby inform you that the transfer of informaion online (e.g. by communicating via email) may have security gaps. A gapless protection of such data against access by third parties cannot be ensured.
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR BUSINESS CONTACTS
1. WHY ARE YOU SEEING THIS NOTICE?
EMH Partners GmbH (“EMH”) may process personal data of its business contacts (“you”). Where this notice says “we”, “us” or “our”, we are referring to EMH and / or its affiliates.
This Data Privacy Notice explains how and why your personal data is processed by us. This Data Privacy Notice also contains information about your rights in relation to your personal data.
2. WHO IS PROVIDING THIS NOTICE AND WHO IS “CONTROLLER”?
We act as a “controller” in respect of your personal data. In simple terms, this means that we “control” the personal data that you provide – including making sure that it is kept secure.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you give us: This is information about you that you give to us by providing your business card to us or filling in forms on our website (or other forms that we ask you to complete), giving us a business card (or similar) or corresponding with us by telephone, post, email or otherwise. It may include, for example, your name, company, business and/or private address, email address and telephone numbers; information about your business relationship with EMH; and information about your professional role, background and interests.
- We may also collect some information from other sources. For example: If we have a business relationship with the organisation that you represent, your colleagues or other business contacts may give us information about you such as your contact details or details of your role in the relationship.
4. WHAT WILL WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may use your information to operate, manage, develop and promote our business and, in particular, our relationship with the organisation you represent (if any) and related transactions.
5. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
Your personal data may be shared with:
- our internal organisation and affiliated companies;
- your colleagues within the organisation that you represent;
- other business partners of us where we believe it would be in your interest to share your contact details, e.g. to make introductions;
- our external advisors of us or the funds that we are advising, e.g. in connection with fundraisings, the establishment and management of funds or investments;
- to service providers who host our website or other information technology systems or otherwise hold or process your information on our behalf, under strict conditions of confidentiality and security;
- in exceptional circumstances: to competent regulatory, prosecuting and other governmental agencies, or litigation counterparties, in any country or territory; or
- where we are required by law to disclose.
6. ON WHAT BASIS DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We are processing your personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest in accordance with point (f) of Article 6(1) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We believe that our business relationship with you and/or your company provides for a legitimate interest to process your personal data as set out herein.
7. RETENTION AND DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will delete the information that we hold about you when we no longer need it. We will process your personal data throughout our business relationship with you.
However, we may retain some limited information about you even when we know that you have left the organisation that you represent, so that we can maintain a continuous relationship with you if and when we are in contact with you again, representing a different organisation.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Subject to applicable data privacy laws, you have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal data:
- You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed and, where this is the case, access to the personal data and information (Article 15 GDPR).
- You have the right to rectification of personal data concerning you (Article 16 GDPR).
- You have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you in accordance with Article 17 GDPR (“right to be forgotten”).
- You have the right to obtain restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR).
- You have the right to data portability in accordance with Article 20 GDPR.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling (Article 21 GDPR).
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you (Article 21 GDPR).
Information regarding the right to object, Article 21 GDPR
1. You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you, which is based on Article 6 (1) e GDPR (data processing for purposes of public interest) or Article 6 (1) f GDPR (data processing for purposes of prevailing legitimate interests pursued by us). This also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
2. If you object, we shall no longer process the personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of you, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If you would like to object, please contact us at email@example.com
9. CONCERNS OR QUERIES
We take your concerns very seriously. We encourage you to bring it to our attention if you have any concerns about our processing your personal data.
This Data Privacy Notice was drafted with simplicity and clarity in mind. We are, of course, happy to provide any further information or explanation needed. Our contact details are below.
If you want to make a complaint, you can also contact the body regulating data protection in your country, where you live or work, or the location where the data protection issue arose. A list of the EU data protection authorities is available by clicking this link: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
10. CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Data Privacy Notice or the information we hold about you.
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us in writing using the following address:
EMH Partners GmbH
This Data Privacy Notice was last updated on 23 May 2018.
This website uses Google Analytics. Provider of these services is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
For further information on the handling of user data at Google analytics see the Googles privacy statement: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
You can prevent cookies being saved by changing a setting in your browser software, but please be aware that this may mean you are not able to use all the website functions to their full extent. You can also prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin from the link below: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
OBJECTION TO DATA COLLECTION
You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set which prevents the collection of your data on future visits to this website: Deactivate Google Analytics
OUTSOURCED DATA PROCESSING
We have entered into an agreement with Google for the outsourcing of our data processing and fully implement the strict requirements of the German data protection authorities when using Google Analytics.
We use the function “Activate IP anonymisation”. Through this, your IP address will be shortened in advance within the member states of the European Union or other contractual states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, your complete IP address will be transmitted to a server in the U.S.A. and shortened there. Commissioned by the operators of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities for website operators and to provide other services related to website and internet activities. Google will not merge your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Our website integrates services of Google+. Provider of these services is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Collection and forwarding of information: by using the Google+ button you may publish information worldwide. Via the Google+ button you and other users receive personal related contents from Google and our partners. Google stores the information that you have voted +1 for contents as well as information about the website that you were visiting as you clicked the +1 button. Your +1 votes may be published or displayed as notices together with your profile name and your picture at Google services, such as search results, your Google profile or at other places on websites.
Google records information about your +1 activities in order to improve the Google services for you and others. To be able to use the Google+ button you need a globally visible, public Google profile which must contain at least the user name chosen for this profile. This name will be used for all Google services. In some cases this name may be replaced by another name which you used when sharing contents via your Google account. The ID of your Google account can be displayed to users who know your e-mail address or possess any other information identifying you.
Usage of collected information: besides the above mentioned designated purposes, the details provided by you are treated according to current Google data protection regulations. Google may publish summarised statistics about +1 activities of users or pass those statistics on to users and contractual partners like publishers, advertisers or linked websites, respectively.
For marketing and optimization purposes, Lead Forensics products and services (http://www.leadforensics.com) are used on this website. Headquarters of Lead Forensics is located in 3000 Lakeside, North Harbour, Portsmouth PO6 3EN. Lead Forensics identifies details of your organization including phone number, web address, SIC code, a description of the company. Lead Forensics will show you the actual history of your visit to the EMH Partners website, including all pages visited and viewed by you, and how long you spent on this site. Under no circumstances will the data be used for the personal identification of an individual visitor. If IP addresses are collected, they are made anonymous immediately after collection. On behalf of the operator of this website Lead Forensics will use the collected information to evaluate your visits to the website, compile reports on website activities, provide other services with related website information and monitor internet usage. If you do not agree or object to the data collection, processing and storage of your data at any time you can opt out with immediate effect by clicking on the following link: Opt out